Monday, April 4, 2011

YEŞİL MERCİMEK ÇORBASI


































GREEN LENTIL SOUP
This is one of my son's favorite soups. I must tell you that he is a very picky eater. I am happy when he eats the whole bowl of it so I can make sure that he gets something very nutritional.
  Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb of ground beef
  • 1/3 cup of uncooked orzo pasta
  • 2 cups of cooked green lentil
  • 1 small size of onion
  • 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp of tomato paste
  • 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
  • 5 cups of boiling water
  • salt
Take vegetable oil and beef in a medium pot and turn the heat on medium. Cook it until the beef absorbs all of its juice, stirring occasionally. Add chopped onion. Stir and cook for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add boiling water and orzo in to the pot and bring it to the boil. Turn the heat down to low. Cover the lid and simmer it for 15 minutes. Add green lentil. Stir and cover the lid. Let it cook 10 more minutes.Turn the heat down.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious! Perfect when it is raining like today.

Cheers,

Rosa

Jake Olson said...

That looks amazing. We had a different variation on Yesil Mercimek soup today. No matter what we make with them, it always makes me ask myself "how did I live without lentils for the first 25 years of my life?!"

Christinaki said...

We have made this at least five times now and I can never stop with just one bowl. It is delicious!