Wednesday, February 11, 2015

KREMALI TART KEK


TART CAKE WITH PUDDING

This delicious cake recipe is one of Nigar's recipes. 
I visited her last weekend. She was very welcoming and kind as always.Thank you my dear friend.

Ingredients:

Cake:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup of regular milk
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder
  • 1 packet vanilla sugar
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 cup of flour
Pudding:
  • 1 cup of regular milk
  • 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp. of granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • 8 oz. cool whip

 Preheat the oven to 350F.
Sift flour, cocoa powder, vanilla sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl.
Whisk eggs and sugar in another large mixing bowl until it gets creamy. Gradually add milk, vegetable oil whisking consistently.
Add sifted flour,
cocoa powder,vanilla sugar, and baking powder to the bowl and whisk  thoroughly.
Pour this mixture to a 11" non-stick tart pan and bake it for 25-35 minutes. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. The toothpick will come out clean when the cake is done.

In a large sauce pan, take flour, milk and for the pudding and whisk. Add 1 cup of milk and turn the heat on high. Stir constantly until it starts to bubble. Turn the heat off. Add butter and sugar and whisk it. Set aside until it is in room temperature. Add cool whip to the pudding and whisk it until it is smooth.

Spread the pudding on to the cooled cake and flatten the surface. Decorate it with some cocoa powder and pistachio.
Take it in the refrigerator at least for an hour before serving.


17 comments:

Rosanne said...

Looks and sounds delicious! What can be used to replace cool whip since this is not available in my country? Thanks.
Rosanne from Malta

My Turkish Kitchen said...

•You can skip cool whip if you cannot find it
•You can use whipping cream instead of regular milk and skip 2 tbsp of butter.
I hope it helps.
Iffet

mitten said...

Welcome back! I look forward to all of your new recipes and comments. My best Valentine's Day yet with you back online LOL

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Thank you Mitten. Your comments always make me smile;)
Iffet

anneminkizıyim said...

Hiiim nefis olmus ellerine saglik canim.
(8 oz. cool whip) bunu cevri ceviremedi
bana yazarmisin , selamlar...

My Turkish Kitchen said...

1 paket kremsanti kullanabilirsiniz cool whip yerine. Benden de cok selamlar;)

omah poto said...

great post

mitten said...

Is there anyway we can "translate" the comments to English?

My Turkish Kitchen said...

I really don't know how we can translate them Mitten;)
Iffet

zahraa said...

Salaam, love love your recipes, where can we get vanilla sugar?
And for cool whip, thanks for the subsitution tips.
xo,
Zahraa

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Thank you Zahraa...
I get them from Mediterranean food stores. If you cannot find it, just grate some lemon zest instead.
Iffet

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Tesekkurler.
Ne yazik ki Turkcesi yok. Cok istemistim ama vakitsizlikten kismet olmadi.
Iffet

mitten said...

Just saw your comment on what to do if one cannot find vanilla sugar. I was told to keep a vanilla bean (intact) in a jar with some sugar and you will have that vanilla sugar essense! Can be done with both granulated or confectionary sugar (10x)

Cheryl said...

awww lovely recipe for sweet tooth like me. thank youuu

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Thank you Cherly!
Iffet

mitten said...

It's been two years since your last post...I still continue to make your recipes. We all had hoped by now you might have "thrown us a bone" with a new recipe!...
Hope all is well and u are cooking up a storm!

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Thank you so much for still following this blog!
I still cook everyday for sure and use this blog myself as a recipe source.
Maybe one day I'll start again:)
Love,
Iffet